Like to join us?
We aim to provide opportunities for good people to do great things. Helping to plan, design and deliver the sorts of places that we would choose to live in, at the rate and scale necessary to allow the UK to prosper, is at the heart of what we do.
We seek people who like to be stretched, and who are not afraid to express an opinion or step forward to take on new challenges. Our low level of staff turnover is a good indicator of the potential to grow a fulfilling and stimulating career here, all the while enjoying what we do.
But we are not all about work. Our office has a thriving social life, with a wide range of both planned and spontaneous activities, and we have a friendly, relaxed and supportive working environment. The Company’s annual events calendar includes:
• Study tours with recent destinations including Norway, France and Italy
• Family Summer BBQ and sports evening
• Communal lunches
• Cake sales in aid of charity
• Fundraising sporting events
• Subsidised theatre tickets
• DLA cricket and football team
• Christmas party
DLA is wholly owned by an Employee Benefit Trust on behalf of its employees and we have no external shareholders. Because we are independent, all of our decisions are made in the interests of our practice and our staff, with greater profit sharing and business investment.
We believe in sharing our success with those who contribute to it and provide a generous benefits package for our employees including:
• 25 days holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years
• Enhanced leave of an extra day a year for those with over 5 years’ service, which can be accumulated and used to travel or spend time with family
• Performance related bonus payments for all employees
• DLA Trust award bonus
• 8% contributory pension
• Medical Insurance Scheme
• Group Life Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Payment of professional subscriptions
• % profit allocated to charitable causes
So, if you are a talented planner, urban designer, graphic designer or GIS operator looking for a role that is as ambitious as you are, please send your CV, along with a statement explaining your interest in DLA, a flavour of your ambitions and details of your current employment package. If you are applying for an urban design position, please also include examples from your portfolio (including student work if recently qualified).
We are always interested to receive enquiries from potential recruits, even when we have not advertised for a role.
50 North Thirteenth Street
Central Milton Keynes
Please click here to see a full pdf about Career Opportunities at DLA.